South Australia’s biggest Drag Racing event of the year is back on Friday 23rd and Sat 24th of March at Adelaide International Raceway. Southern Thunder features Round 7 of the 400Thunder Professional Series and the Grand Finals for the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series of 2017/18.
From the “earth moving” Nitro Top Fuelers, Pro Slammers, Pro Stock Car and Bikes through to Junior Dragsters (more than 200 of them from all over the country) all racing in front of their Adelaide fans is a show not to be missed.
Be there from Friday 23rd March and for the Finale’ on Saturday 24th March to watch the best of the best Australian Drag Racers going head to head.
There is non-stop action both days on and off the track, keeping in mind all spectator tickets allow free pit access to mix it up with your favourite racers up close.
Tickets are on sale online at the gate on the day. Bring the entire family, a big bonus is that children aged 13 and under gain free admission, while Govt Concession Card Holders can access discounted entry (terms and conditions apply).
Event General Information:
- Team bump in (Thur 3pm to 6pm, Fri 8am on)
- Credentials Friday 10am-8pm, Sat 8am-1pm
- Competitor gates open Friday 8am Saturday 7:30am
- Spectator Gates Open Friday 1pm, Saturday 9am
- Qualifying commences approx. 3pm Friday to late.
- Saturday Official Eliminations Start approx. 1:00pm
- Finals to be run Sat around 9pm
Adult tickets: $30 Fri, $40 Sat
Concession: $20 Fri, $25 Sat
Kids under 14 free.
Entries Close Fri 9th March
We highly recommend our Accommodation Partners (make sure you tell them we sent you for a great deal):
- Entrant List – Click Here
- Competitor General Info – Click Here
- Pit Allocations – Click Here